I re-read my post on that faithful trip.
How happy and contented I was then.
How lucky I felt that very moment.
And it's funny how I don't feel the same way about that place anymore.
How I don't feel the same way about some things anymore.
Perhaps it is only a small fragment to the bigger picture,
Merely a "trigger" to what was pre-existingly there.
But I couldn't help but wonder...
Will it be easier for me to let go,
If I had some tangible anger to hang on to?
8 comments:
I see that you're feeling better. Support from friends and family helps. I guess everyone went through the same experience you're going through now.
Funny that places used to be so romantic all in a sudden merely reminds one the sweet past and the bitter present. Trust me, it took me at least a year to recover without any real support from friends and family. The worst one can do to himself/herself is not to let go of past relationship and trying everything to hang on to the impossible.
You will be angry and sad for a while, but soon you'll be just fine. Life is full of surprises. Without the failed relationship, I wouldn't have my lovely son lying on the changing table sucking on his thumbs. Cheers.
Nothing stays the same. We become nothing. Only memories survive in those who are alive. We must live for now. That is the way.
Totally agree with l_fcl, I woke up to realisation that I've let 4 years of my life pass me by, which no matter what I could never regain.
It's a day to day process, not an easy one but one day, everything will be made good again :) just make that day sooner!
It's better to let that 4 years go than to hang on to something which will never go back to the way it was because the man no longer has feelings for you or has found someone else. It'd have been much worse if you did get married and perhaps even have kids and after that he realised it wasn't meant to be...There's someone else out there for you, who is meant for you, only you. I'm glad I let go of the past and am now very happily married for nearly 3 years now, even though I met him right after my breakup and he proposed after 1 week as it was a long distance and he was determined to make it work. That goes to show that time is not an issue. I hope you find your other half soon, and believe you, you will.
Hi Mei, I can only agree with what Anonymous said as well. A few years ago, I thought I found 'the one' when I was with my ex (& U know him too :) ) but it didn't turn out that way of course. At that time, I was in my final year in Med & was 'alone' in Ireland feeling helpless without my family being around me. To make matter worse, I was living alone. I have great friends around me, but still, it was very tough then. However, looking back now, I'm only glad how things had work out now. I found the man of my life & vice versa just before my final exams & the journey of our lives started just after I started work.
Of course,the end of that previous relationship was very painful & definitely not a pleasant thing at all to experience but I believe things happen for a reason & also 'what doesn't kill you will only makes you stronger'.
Support from family & friends definitely help & I know you will get through this even stronger than before. You are an amazing person, Mei Ling!
Now, I'm happily married and have a beautiful daughter. Of course, life isn't a bed of roses all the time in marriage & life BUT knowing that the person who wants to spend the rest of his life with you loves you no matter what, in sickness & in health etc, through thick & thin is definitely worth living for.
You will learn to let go... & perhaps it might take time. Time does heal.. Big hugs XX
Lotsa love.
hey, i feel your pain.
i also know that in life, for better things to come, the smaller things must leave first.
yes, time heals all.
glad that your family and friends are all supportive while you are back home.
btw, welcome home to KL!
Hey Mei, just came across a quote from a friend's posting in FB.
"True love doesn’t have a happy ending, because true love never ends. Letting go is one way of saying I love you"
Spot on I say!
Hello.I'm portuguese... I really like your words... They are really amazing
Post a Comment