The other day, I was home and was extremely exhausted. I have just returned from my half day off (FINALLY!!) after working the long day the previous day, and a hectic weekend preceeding that.
I have also been going through a little bit of a rough patch, or some call it, the journey of rediscovering yourself.
Jon rang me to ask if I was going to be at home in the afternoon. He said that he ordered something, and is expecting a package. I then asked him "What did you get now? More snow gear?!"
"Maybe..." he said.
(look at nosy Remy)
Around 3.30pm, the doorbell rang, and the man was holding a huge box outside my front door. Remy was barking at him non-stop of course! Haha. I had a glimpse of the package, and thought he'd bought like... ski's or something judging by the size of it!
Was wondering why the man would wanna buy a pair of ski's when the season's over!
It turned out to be a box of a flowers when I looked carefully. A dozen of the season's best roses and lillies!! Topped with Lindt's Lindor balls.... MmMmmm, Remy's favourite! (He's not having any this time around though. Have I told the story of him unwrapping the Lindor's we left on the coffee table earlier in the year?!)
Just look at how gargantuous the box is! And the roses and lillies were really longggg too! It's been awhile since Jon sent me flowers. He always says that I don't appreciate them, and never really treat them right. Hehehe.
I was gonna blog this earlier, but it took awhile for Blogger to finish uploading the pics. Jon said I haven't blogged about him in awhile... and today, this post is up! He'd probably think that I'm blogging it just because he mentioned that I haven't blogged about him!! Silly man... tee hee.
The truth is, he's been really supportive during this tough time, and I think it made the both of us, see how much we actually care for each other. And will be there for each other, on good and bad days.. and stand by each other despite their good and bad decisions made. Helping one another along the way, through this self discovery journey of life.
I had to cut the flowers to fit them into the vase. Surprisingly, it's been a week, and they're still blooming! Amazingggg... I think soon enough they'll wilt, and perhaps I can dry them out :) and make potpouri.
Went to Chaddy the other day, and some girls at the hair styling store flagged me down, to show me this hair styling thingy. So, I got a free curling demo... hehehe... What do you think? My sis seems to think that I look quite abit more "mature" ie old with curly hair.
I never had curly / wavy hair ever, so I kinda liked that transient make-over. Hahaha. I'm thinking of trimming my hair, and getting a fringe as well. What do you think??
Speaking of keeping the relationship fresh and alive, Jon has called me at work today, to let me know that he's making dinner tonight. I wonder what he's making. Hmm, so far in the past 3.5 years, he's only made soup. Hehehe... and oh, Malaysian chilli crab (talking about this is already making me drool) - but obviously, he's not making crabs this evening. Probably just something simple, but we'll see.... hehe.
8 comments:
The flowers are beautiful!! Jon's such a romeo ;)
owww...how sweet...
I think you look gorgeous, babe.
I must say the curls looked quite nice, albeit the rather mature look but if your hair was longer, it would have been better! :) Aww...Jon's so sweet. Lilies are my favourite too :)
Clair: Hehehe, thanks. I'll make sure I let him know you said that.
Cindy: Aww, thank youu... :)
Rachel: You're just too kind. :)
Esther: Grow my hair longer?? OMG! YOu know how long it took me to grow it even to the length it is now? I always feel like cutting it~! Heheheh...
When are you due?? Or have you delivered already? I saw that Rosalind's already had her baby!
Really? Thought U kept cutting your lovely black hair hence it's never long yet! :P
I'm due on the 24th Sept :) Waiting 'patiently' for this baby girl to make a grand appearance. I'm so heavy now that I'm waddling around :(
Esther: Yeah, I can't stand it, hence I keep cutting it. Hehehe.. This is the longest I've lasted for the past 2 years... I'm thinking I might give it a go to grow it long again.
We'll see how long I can last~!
OoOoHhhh... only a few more days~! So exciting!! It'll all be worth it at the end. Waddling is a small price to pay for a big bundle of joy!
Post a Comment