Well, I'm sure most of you will know by now, that I do...
In fact, quite a bit. Some may say, way. too. much.
I am quite bad with keeping in touch with old friends, I have to admit.
Well, basically, I'm just pretty bad with keeping in touch. And I have indeed lost some friends in the past, because we never really kept in touch after going separate ways. It doesn't mean I don't cherish them as my friends, or care for them any less though.
I am just, not good with writing regular emails, and making phone calls and stuff. Besides, it does work both ways.
I digress.
But anyways, I found out that Ee-Laine and Douglas were in visiting in Melbourne when I returned from Queenstown~! I haven't seen them for the past 2-3 years I think!
The last 2 trips back to KL were way too short, and one of them was when my granddad passed away, so I really didn't get to meet up with anyone besides my family.
This time around though, I made sure I made time to see them :) and catch up with them after such a long time. We had dinner @ Dessert House, reminiscing the good old times, and we actually counted back the years when we first knew each other!
We were in grade 3 in primary school~! It has been that long! I have known Laine for more than a decade. It just goes to show how old we are now, and how much we've grown up, and went our separate ways.
After dinner, we adjourned to Long Room on Collins St. It was a wayyyyy better place to talk, as the wait staff at Dessert House pretty much shoves the bill on your face once you're done with your food! No waiting around what so ever. I can understand though, since the waiting line for a table there is like... 45 minutes or something ridiculous like that.
Love the ambience in Long Room. And I love the fact that it has nice cosy corners for intimate chats, away from all the noise :) Perfect for catching up. The sushi bar serves decent sushi / sashimi as well.
Oompa loompa's double dating. Hehe.
It was kinda dark in there, and I wanted to capture the ambience. I was fiddling around with different camera modes, and decided to try using "Available light". It looked quite good on the camera preview, but when I loaded the pics... they turned out somewhat too orange for my liking! :(
Oh well...
This was taken OUTSIDE Long Room, where it was alot brighter, and also using Douglas' DSLR! Note the difference in picture quality? I feel like getting one too!!
Too bad these babies are really heavy! They're like... the golden retrievers of cameras! You can't really put them into your handbags like you can with chiwawa's...
Jon and I made a trip down to the city over the weekend, and we went to check out the Lindt Cafe on Collins Street....
and saw this lady waving to me from afar... I was like "HUH? Who's this waving at me?"
Only to notice that it was Yow's family! What a small world indeed. It turned out that Yow's mom is visiting... yes again!
And she was also with her sister, and Keat Poh (Yow's cousin who is also a mutual friend of mine) Haven't seen her for almost a decade actually. I think the last time was in year 12.
Had to grab a photo with them! I then posted this on Facebook to let Ling and Yow know! Haha. What a coincidence, really...
And what a week of reminiscence it has been. A week of reflection, and appreciation. A week of rediscovery of vintage treasures.
I love you guys lots. Seeing you guys again, somehow made me miss my family. (Don't ask me how). I have not spent time with them, properly... for 6 years now, and counting :(

6 comments:
That's Elaine! You guys still keep in touch? :D Haven't seen her for a long long time :p
Clair: Yes, that is Ee-Laine indeed :) We do, occasionally... last saw her a few years back, at 7atenine...
She was in Melbourne for abit just a few weeks ago.
How are you?
Clair: Yes, that is Ee-Laine indeed :) We do, occasionally... last saw her a few years back, at 7atenine...
She was in Melbourne for abit just a few weeks ago.
How are you?
I'm good! Happy with life, happy with work, happy with everything :D
Post a Comment