Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Playing host, yet again.

.
Like I said earlier, my dad's colleague, Aunty Shamsinar was here on a visit, helping her daughter to settle in. Her daughter is commencing her first year of uni here in Melbourne. And being the nice, helpful, friendly me... hehehe, I was kind enough meet up with them, and show them around....
.
After all, come to think of it, I've known Aunty Shamsinar for agesss... ever since I was a little kid! :) I remember the yearly Hari Raya Open Houses... the company annual dinners, gatherings at her place, executive outings and all...
.
Met up with them @ Marriott Hotel, where they were staying. And then headed to the city to do some shopping since it was a Friday night. :D And the "end-of-summer" sales were so good, that she just couldn't not get something. Heheheh..We didn't even realise that we were that hungry, until I looked at my watch, and it was already 9pm!
.
Walked up to Lygon Street for dinner, cause they really like the weather here, and didn't want to take the tram. Luckily I was wearing flats! *phew* Or else, I would just have died! Yes, I'm really lazy. I don't like walking...
.

They had fish and chips, while I ordered the "sea salt grill". It was quite yummy really! :D However, the servings were quite huge, and I obviously didn't manage to finish my potato cake.

Headed to have my favourite of all timesss! GELATI! We were a little late though. It was almost 11pm by the time we got there, and they were out of "mango" and "green tea" flavours. :( Boohoo... Luckily, they still had Roche!

Sat down and talked, and talked, and talked, and talked...

It was good fun catching up, really..Got home around 1-ish after walking them back to their hotel. Thank God the Marriott is only a block away from my place. Wanted to sink into bed, cause I had such a longgg day. Had a test and all. But I was afraid that I'll sleep so soundly that I wouldn't be able to hear the bell when Shiew arrives.

So, I stayed up for abit and watched Desperate Housewives. Hahaha....

And around 2.30am, Shiew got here!!!!!!! Yippie!!!!!!.

Went to bed at 4am... and got up early the next day :( Blahhh...

6 comments:

Mei said...

Master Peebody: Hahaha, you though I had 6th sense? Predict the "future" huh??

Mei said...

Master Peebody: I wish I did :) Then life would have been sooo much easier.

Mei said...

Master Peebody: Hahaha. You've got too much time on your hands, to think about stuff like that. Now get back to work. Hahahaha... :D

Wuching said...

my sis & her family r muslims so when they came i had to find a halal restaurant when we go out to eat, very troublesome..did u have problem taking them out to eat?

Kelly Siew said...

wow it looks really nice... the food i mean.... where's that on lygon? lol to think i live in Uropah... less than 5 mins n i don't know about it?!

Mei said...

Wuching: Yeah, a little bit. But I asked them in advance what they wanted to have. So it was much easier than me, having to think of bringing them somewhere.

KellySiew: It's near nova. Like, next to it. I can't remember the name of the place though. But they sell sushi and fish & chips and all. Yeah, it's quite yum! :D You should go try!

Free counter and web stats