He once told me that he loved my silent confidence.
How I was always modest, and earnest.
Yet I exude this aura of confidence by just being 'me'.
I thought he was just being silly then,
Complimenting me to make me happy.
I couldn't really see what he meant.
But I have to admit though,
I have gotten so caught up in 'us'.
That I have lost myself for awhile.
Don't exactly know when, or how.
But I look back, and I realize that I haven't had it for some time.
But the past few days,
I wake up, and I see the world in a different perspective.
I feel somewhat liberated.
I feel free.
I feel like the fire in me is burning again.
I go to work feeling enthusiastic,
Like everyday is a new learning experience.
Everyday, I set myself a new challenge.
I return home feeling exhausted, but accomplished.
(Thank God It's Friday!)
I come home to my own breathing space,
Make myself a comforting bubble bath,
and unwind with my beloved little Remy.
Not wanting to drown my sorrows with work,
I strive to strike a balance in my life.
I am reconnecting with my friends again,
I am going out for dinners and parties again,
(Yay to party tomorrow night!)
I still wanna continue doing all the things we used to do,
Snowboarding, golfing, picnic-ing,
travelling, sailing, boating and much more,
And also do the things that we've always talked about,
But never got to do,
Phiphi picking, possum feeding, hot air ballooning.
I have come to realize that it is true when they say,
Losing you, doesn't have to mean losing me.
I finally understand what you mean by my silent confidence.
Because right now, I am loving myself for it!
6 comments:
Hi Mei,
Great Confidence.
Always keep this Spirit.
After reading this post,
I too came out from feeling of exhausted by today work.
'Losing you, doesn't have to mean losing me.' - Its True.
Never Loose Our Self.
B'coz, Losing something doesn't mean losing our self.
But, Losing our self means losing everything.
Enjoy weekend.
Take Care.
yeah! TGIF. I just enrolled in a driving lesson cause i too believe in : Losing him doesn't mean losing ourself :)) damn the bad things and welcome the great things ahead!
let's go go go ! Take Care!
Serious, you should consider compiling all these lil writing into one of those small booklets sold at the counter in Borders :)
I'm pretty confident it'll sell well.
Ballgates: You enjoy your weekend too :) Have a good one...
Chen: Driving??? OooOoHhHh... was such a taboo for me years ago! I am sure you will do well. Have faith in yourself.
There is an immense sense of independence in being able to drive yourself around, really.
The Unknown: I am so flattered! :)
But who is going to wanna publish my little "ramblings"?? :P
i love it!
Post a Comment