The only thing worse than being alone,
Is being sick, and being alone.
I have been coughing like a mad woman for the last few days.
My throat hurts like shit, and so does my chest.
My head is pounding, and I feel like I'm floating in thin air.
Needless to say, I called in sick yesterday...
and basically slept in the whole day.
Got sent home from work today, in fear of infecting others.
(which is fair enough I guess).
The hardest thing is to lug myself around,
To cook a meal for myself, and the boy of course.
I had congee last night - with Bovril.
*I can hear some of you going yucks!*
But it's something my grandma used to make for us,
When we were little kids.
It was plain, simple... yet comforting.
It was like that scene in "Ratatouille" where he tasted the food,
and was immediately brought back to the memories of when he was a little boy.
Coming home to grandma's home cooked food.
It was a peasant dish, but oh so comforting...
To the stomach, to my heart.
(And thanks for coming to check on me. I am downing Panadol & cough suppressant now. Hopefully, will feel better soon).
I. JUST. WANT. TO. GET. WELL!
9 comments:
congee+bovril/marmite=loooove!
you're right, super comfort food indeed. hope you get well soon!
Get well soon Mei. I love congee and Bovril, all the beefy goodness! Loved the advert when I was young. Still find it better than Marmite! =)
Get more rest and drink more water, k? Take care! *hugz*
Oh yum!!!!!!!!! My grandma used to just add hot water to it for a nice hearty drink. Try Bonox, taste better! Do get well soon. Being a sick reg isn't any fun!
Congee+Bovril=2 happy kids (you and me)
those were the days.
Get well soon!
...if there's any consolation, you're not the only one with a cold. Never knew that they could spread via the net!
Anonymous: Yeaps... super comfort food. I miss my childhood :( boohoo..
Calvin: I can't even remember the ad~! How does it go??
The Unknown: Yeah, I sometimes do that too... It's certainly been awhile though.
Funny: Come here and I'll make it for you everyday! hehehehe...
Benkaiser: Thanks! :) I hope so too... can't wait to get out of the house, and back to work. OMG.
Post a Comment